Sometimes…just sometimes, no matter how lush life is, how much you love your work, how happy you are in yourself – you need a little getaway to reset, relax and re-cooperate with good friends and great sunshine. So when we were offered the chance to hop across to the Catalonia region of Spain for a few days with our friends – we jumped at the chance! But with hand luggage as our option, it was time to pack quickly, and SMARTLY! So come away with me and see what delights this fab region has to offer…and how to be smart with beauty and bikini’s!
Located in the north-eastern part of Spain, the Catalonian area of the country has a plethora of destinations to enjoy with beaches, food and adventure within easy reach and all available at fairly cheap and short flight away. We stayed in the fabulous Miami Platja area at our friends’ awesome villa, which was the perfect jumping off point to explore the wonders of Spain from. With Barcelona, Cambrils, L’Hospitalet de L’Infant and the thrill-seekers paradise of Port Aventura theme park all easily accessible by car and train, this is the ideal place to enjoy peace AND pace, all in the shadow of Pyrenees! And what a place to stay…Casa Suzy – you are a beaut! If you after an awesome place to stay as part of YOUR adventure, check Casa Suzy out and book by clicking here!
With a few fun-packed, adventure fuelled days ahead of us, it was time to be uber smart with the packing of the ol’ hand luggage, especially those pesky liquid restrictions. Nobody wants to be weighed down (literally) or held back by these, but if you use a few great multi-taskers and fab miniatures – you will be laughing all the way through security (NB. don’t LITERALLY laugh through security…that may cause problems).
Above are a selection of the space-savers I use whenever I travel to get maximum bang for my buck, product-wise. These little life hacks have saved me from going over my liquid allowance more than once – remember you can’t go over 1 litre in total inside 1 clear plastic bag! So here are my go-to essentials, with shoppable links:
- NANSHY BLENDING BRUSH: By far and away my fave makeup brush brand, this compact little lovely is a great all-rounder to pop in your makeup bag for creating a wash of colour or the perfect smokey eye (especially when combined with Maybelline’s The Nudes Eye Palette – which can create a magnitude of looks)
- FLO ACCESSORIES MINI EYELASH CURLERS: These are not only airline approved but are super compact whilst being highly effective!
- AURA-SOMA PEGASUS PERFUMES NO. 44 AND 39: Perfume miniatures are PERFECT for travel! And these two fragrances are my current favourite! This brand is causing a buzz in the beauty world atm with features in Vogue and the odd award, so be sure to check them out. No.44 and 39 (the award winner) are my personal faves to spritz. I love to smell unique and these are certainly that! Or why not pop to your local beauty counter to pick up some samples of your favourites perfumes to pack OR decant into an atomiser? (Again why not head to FLO Accessories as they stock great ones that are highly useful AND desirable)
- HOTEL MINIATURES: Whenever you travel, be sure to pop into your hotel’s toilet and nab those miniatures! They are so handy for future travel! I grabbed this The White Company Noir Shampoo from my visit to Hotel Gotham (Read all about my stay here).
- PS. I LOVE YOU MINI NAIL VARNISH BY PRIMARK: I spotted this mini by the till whilst I was picking up my holiday wardrobe. It’s the perfect hand luggage size AND it’s only 60p…so you can afford to grab more than one!
- AEOS ENRICHING MOISTURISER: This little beauty I pulled out of my Optimal Essentials Kit, which is packed with miniatures for you to try the range…then once you discover how fab it is, they become your travel essentials! BONUS! (Read all about the other products in the set in our review here)
- BAGSY BEAUTY PRODUCTS: I rarely go a normal day, let alone a holiday, without using one of the Bagsy products on my face. Cute and compact, they are the perfect travel buddy, but they are a wonderfully beautiful day to day go-to because of their great formulas. I’m obsessed with the double-ended highlighter and concealer Wonderwand and the Wow Lips Chubby Stick is great doubled up as a cheek product. Available at FeelUnique.com and Debenhams.
- BENEFIT HIGH BEAM MINI HIGHLIGHER: Available from Boots at the bargain price of £5. You can also kit yourself out with their fab offer of 4 mini’s for £15 – sorted!
- BROWHAUS BROW LEAD: 24hr wear? Check! Super natural look? Check! Built in Eyebrow groomer? Check! Get it and pack it now for brows that last the pool!
Now, that the beauty essentials were dealt with, it was time to move onto my capsule wardrobe. I took with me a selection of interchangeable pieces of tees, shorts, harems and vests that could be thrown together for day to evening activities from the usual suspects, Matalan, Topshop and Primark. But everyone knows that no holiday is complete without a showstopper bikini or two. Step this way David Swimwear and Stephanie’s Boutique for the sassiest of swimwear for my Spanish adventure!
This poolside showstopper from David Swimwear is absolute perfection with its en pointe fit and gorgeous attention to detail. I loved how supportive this was, as well as incredibly flattering but mostly…it is hella glamorous! This bikini is a real investment in style that will always look fresh and contemporary and will be unlikely to date. David Swimwear embodies (literally) luxury and I felt veritably J-LO worthy in this bejewelled number. I loved the bronzed mink colour of this two piece, which looks amazing against tanned skin and turquoise and gold jewellery. For an extra touch of luxe, I popped on a statement necklace for added “WOW” whilst poolside posing. As you can see from the photo below, this bikini certainly boosted my assets to the max! It works easily for day to night by adding black harem trousers and throwing over a kimono. The brand have many ageless styles available that cater for all you fillies, no matter your shape or bust size, so you can feel extremely body confident and beach ready. From two pieces, swimsuits to kaftans – David Swimwear will have you covered. Yes, this bikini will be making numerous appearances SS16 and beyond. Look out beaches of the world!
For beachside sassy at a fab price, I had to go visit my favourite boutique, Stephanie’s Closet, to get my fashion fix (check out my other styling post using the brand here). The perfect place for the bargainista, I plumped for this awesomely Aztec two piece. With its sporty feeling crop top, I could be as active as I wanted on the beach whilst not worrying about any kind of boob-related mishap, so I was perma #Insta-worthy! What’s great about this kind of suit is that it doubles as a great little crop top too, which looks fab with denim cuts for a daytime stroll. Plus with Ibiza on the cards, this little bad boi has “Pool Party” all over it. Stephanie’s Closet has lots of fab and fresh swimwear at a steal, be sure to check out all that they have on offer here including amazing little cover-ups.
Coming away to Spain was the perfect pick me up! I feel re-energised and ready to face the busy months ahead. A spot of sunshine certainly soothes the soul, especially when you are surrounded by your very best mates and the very best of boyfriends! Stay tuned for more Come Away with Me adventures on Fashion Du Jour LDN HQ soon! Are you going away soon? Got any terrific travel tips to share? Be sure to leave them in the “Comments” below!
Until next time fillies,
Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN HQ x
P.S Want to NEVER miss a post? Well, why not subscribe to more! Hit the button in the top right of the page or follow us on Bloglovin’ to never miss out again! Check out our social media accounts on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook too.