With V Festival this weekend, we are all of a flutter here at FDJ LDN HQ! Our Insta feed is choc-full of amazing UH-mazing festival make-up looks, leaving us utterly inspired to bring you our own how to into the mix. Taken from our Festival Luxe post recently, we show you how to create this mer-mazing make-up look easily to rock away in time for the last festivals of summer, any upcoming parties or holidays. So click this way and discover how easy it is to look fin-tastic!
As Meghan Trainor says, it’s all about that base, fillies! So in order for your festival face to last through drinking, dancing and dalliances in the sunshine, you need to build a strong foundation. Our top pick of the moment, as mentioned in our Pinafore Perfection: OOTD post is Oxygenetix’s Oygenating Foundation for its super skin-loving Aloe-based formula and super staying power. It is 13 times more transfer resistant than many makeup brands, so will go the distance with you whilst you party hard and look nothing but flawless whilst doing it! We love applying it with a dampened beauty blender. Our top treat tip? Up the ante on regular water by misting your blender with Avene’s Thermal Spring Water Spray instead to add extra skin benefits as you apply! It comes in a cute travel size too if you are glamping. Cover blemishes with one side and then add much needed sheen and highlight along the top of the cheek bones and down the bridge of the nose with the other using our perma go to product, Bagsy’s Wonder Wand. Set just your T-zone with a sweep of powder, then it’s time to sculpt that beautiful face of yours, beauties! We used Younique’s Beachfront Body Bronzer to contour along under the cheek bone, sides of the nose and at the temples. We then added this Primark “The Perfect Couple” split blusher and bronzer over the tops of the cheeks.
Now that you have got your face on fleek, it’s time for the main event – your Ariel-like mer-mazingly mesmerising eyes, ready to flutter at your Eric! The key to this look is in the mix of colours, choosing ones that pop and have a strong pigment…and to blend blend blend. Our weapons of choice that can handle this task is the perfect pairing of Nanshy Blending Eyeshadow Brush and Younique’s Moodstruck Minerals Pigment Powders.
After applying Younique’s Minerals Eye Primer over the lids to lock the coming colour onto the lids, it’s time to get mermaiding!:
1) Wash your lid all over with “Curious” Moodstruck Minerals Pigment Powder, concentrating especially under the eyebrow/brow bone to get a good highlight. Pop a little of this opalescent beigey pink is great for opening up the eye and a great base to blend on.
2) Next, sweep the gorgeously dense turquoise of “Heavenly” pigment into the crease of your eye lid winging outwards and back along your lash line, creating a V shape. Take a little of the colour underneath your eye along your bottom lash line and take it up to meet the wing you have created. Blend, blend, blend! Add a bit more to add depth of colour.
3) In the middle of your eyelid, pop a little of the pale blue pigment “Playful” and blend outwards into your turquoise pigment to create a slight ombre effect.
4) To really make the look POP it’s time to contrast colours. In the inner corner of your eye, blend the prettiest of the prettiest pearly purpley pinks,”Sassy”, taking it under your inner eye too in a mini V, meeting the blues you have put there and blending the look together. Top up with a bit more to give the colour impact!
5) After getting your brow game sorted accordingly (We used Collection’s Eye Brow Palette in Brunette), lining your eye with a winged feline flick and coating your lashes with a long-lasting, thickening mascara (We are loving bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara atm), it’s time to add a little bit of festival luxe to your face. Facial embellishment is where it’s at this season at the festivals with glitter, shimmer, sequins and the like reigning supreme in the style stakes. Our face bling of choice is super simple to apply and simply super to look at! After smoothing on some Vaseline onto the top of your cheek bone, grab a pot of glitter, facial jewels, gems or the like. We used a pot of nail art holographic hearts that we had gotten Topshop awhile back and dotted them along our cheekbone…and that’s as complicated as it gets! The hearts, or whatever you choose to pop on top stick to the Vaseline. This look lasted for us all day but if you wanted to be 100% sure your facial embellishment is going nowhere fast, dot eyelash glue on the back of your bling and stick where you desire!
With quite the party going on with the festival of colour going on with your eye make-up, it’s time to keep it creamy, dreamy nude on your lips. We keep our lips in the buff with this lippie from Estee Lauder in Vanilla which glides on a dream and goes the distance.
And there you have it! Our easy to create mermaid inspired festival look – just in time for V Festival! If you are after a mer-mazing hairstyle to go with, why not check out our Festival Mermaid Hair post here. Or if Kylie Jenner is more your muse, why not try our Coachella X Kylie Jenner Inspired Festival Rainbow Braids here? Stuck for something lush to wear to match your shimmering, sparkling makeup? Check out our Festival Luxe OOTD post NOW! We really have got your back this festival season, fillies.
PLUS if you wish to try any of the Younique products mentioned and much more, you can get 10% off when ordering. Simply contact Unleash Your Sparkle by clicking here or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention us at FDJ LDN. Don’t say we don’t hook you up beauts!
Until next time fillies,
Nicky and Leigh at Fashion Du Jour HQ x
P.S. Want to get all our make-up tips, hair how to’s and OOTD inspo from FDJ LDN HQ straight to your Inbox? It’s totes simple! Just click that “Subscribe” button at the top right of the page and enter your deets! You can also follow us on Bloglovin’ here. Love yourself a bit of that social media life? Well, head over to our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook now!